Please help with feedback on idea for my business

(8 Posts)
Graceparkhill Mon 14-Jan-13 20:53:33

I would email first with a short proposal of what you are offering ( attach photos of course) and then follow up with a visit to show them your merchandise.

For commercial venues ( hairdresser etc) you could offer to link for your website and for GP etc a donation to mother and baby group or similar.

lovemynathy Mon 14-Jan-13 18:00:23

Thank you that is fantastic that they sell it for you, I do not have to worry about childcare!!!! I will defiantly try all of the proposed places. Could you please tell me how you start a conversation with them. I am so worried they just tell me to go away.

Graceparkhill Mon 14-Jan-13 08:17:13

Would your local GP surgery / dentist / hairdresser let you do the same ( perhaps for a small % of sales or donation to charity)

Seabright Mon 14-Jan-13 08:07:38

WI markets are now called Country Markets and their website is here.

Unless the system has changed, you pay a joining fee and become a mwmber/shareholder of that particular market (there are lots), then you take your stuff, the ladies out it on the relevant stall, sell some and they take a cut.

You have to label it all in accordance with their rules, which are pretty straight forward.

Thinking about other places where you could find lots of parents and grandparents, what about school/PTA fairs?

lovemynathy Sun 13-Jan-13 23:03:02

Seabright thanks a million, needed some feedback badly. Could you tell me how the WI market works please or put me in the direction where I can get info. Thank you

Seabright Sun 13-Jan-13 22:38:34

Also, what about leaving a box of samples in nurseries?

Seabright Sun 13-Jan-13 22:37:55

There are a coupld of book sellers who work this way, they seems to do well. Residential homes are a good idea. What about WI markets? I used to sell jam and cakes at them and they always had a craft stall too.

You don't have to be a WI member to sell there, but you do have to be ther on the day to deliver and collect your stuff.

lovemynathy Sun 13-Jan-13 20:21:10

I am researching to start my little business selling cute unique baby clothing for affordable price. I am going to do it on Internet but I also would like to sell directly to the customer. When I was working in HR we had a man coming with a box of example books and gifts, he would leave it with us for couple days and then come back and take our orders. Have you heard about this way of selling? How would I approach the company. Also we have a lot of care/ nursing homes in our areas. I was think to go there and offer my stuff to residents that they can buy it as presents for their grandchildren. What do you think? Thanks a million.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now