Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

finding wholesalers

(4 Posts)
steppyhen Sun 30-Dec-12 21:56:49

hi mums netters looking for advice dh and i are looking at selling wholesale on ebay and at markets ie clothes and beuty products, gift sets etc.

we have been doing this for a few months with our own clothes and unwanted gifts etc and have been making around £200 plus a month. Thing is now we have run out of things to sell and seem to be getting no where searching online! can anyone help ? are we wasting our time ? our ebay account and paypal have been set up as business accounts etc.

daisydee43 Sun 30-Dec-12 22:01:33

Aliexpress are good for small businesses, never had a problem with this wholesaler

TeamSledward Sun 30-Dec-12 22:04:02

I know this isn't about wholesalers, but have you registered your business with HMRC? They are really cracking down on undeclared income from home businesses.

zumo Wed 09-Jan-13 18:19:27

Yes as above go and see an accountant as if the tax man catches you he will start digging.
We have used Ebay to sell tools and jewelry in the past, jewels wast of time as too much competition, tools very low margins.
If you live near Manchester of many other big citys they have areas of wholesalers who sell all sorts, many wont deal with Ebayers as the inexperianced kill the job my having too small a margin.
Have you considered buying at Carboot sales and Ebaying it?>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now