Working from home

(4 Posts)
Mosman Thu 17-Jan-13 11:36:07

I went to a wedding dress agency at somebody's home, that seemed to work well

AlwaysOneMissing Mon 07-Jan-13 11:22:35

From a clients perspective, I would not be put off at all by a seamstress who was based at home. In fact it may be better as parking outside your house may be easier and no queuing to see you etc. I would expect lower prices though to be honest, but that would draw me to you. Good luck, I think it sounds a good idea!

emma123456 Mon 24-Dec-12 17:36:14

I work from home. Make sure you have the correct insurance in place. I don't have any problems other than clients dropping in unexpectedly when I'm in the middle of sorting the washing or something else non work related

chinup2011 Mon 24-Dec-12 08:02:36

Hi
I'm thinking about starting a clothes alteration service, but to keep overheads down would need to use my home at first, to see customers. So in effect I would be inviting complete strangers into my home. I would have a dedicated room. Does anyone else used their home? What problems have you encountered? or am I worrying too much and should just get on with it.
Thank you for your opinions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now