Wholesale cheap fabric for business idea

(12 Posts)
notnagging Sun 06-Jan-13 12:38:22

Most people I know source from Asian areas or online now.

costumequeen Fri 28-Dec-12 15:40:10

Birmingham Rag Market - loads of stalls sell it at £1 p/m...variable quality but worth a reseatch trip! (it's open Tues, Fri and Sat I think!)

Is there nothing in Dundee? It looked very warehouse-heavy when I was there, ideal for storing fabrics.

cuteable Tue 18-Dec-12 09:28:00

yeah there's a remnant kings. sorry i haven't been clear. my business idea is to source fabric and sell it on to make a profit... but i want cheaper fabric as there is nowhere here that sells cheaper fabric... miss the market in Durham.

Do you have remnant kings in Aberdeen? I think you can order online.

lljkk Tue 18-Dec-12 08:13:48

Oh... and car boot sales, and jumble sales. Get a discount if you're buying loads. Try Freegle, too, maybe.

lljkk Tue 18-Dec-12 08:13:17

From a charity shop, You can buy a nice king size duvet cover around here for £4-£5. That's got to be well over 2m^2.

pillowcases for 60p.

You could see if you can compete with ragman for suitable textiles surplus, too.

cuteable Mon 17-Dec-12 19:38:44

thanks! im in aberdeen but would travel as i doubt there's anywhere in this part of the country. the only places that sell fabric up here are john Lewis or dunelm mill. im thinking fabrics up to £5 per m2 but most cheaper than that. its just an idea at the moment so just looking to try find suitable places to source the fabric from... ill have a look at the suggestions smile

lljkk Mon 17-Dec-12 13:44:12

Street markets, maybe.
How cheap do you want it, how many pence or £/m^2 would you want to pay?

I know people who buy bolts from fabricland and sell on at a profit, ditto Chawlas.

Where are you in the country?
I know a few places in Manchester, they tend to be in (how to put this politely) more ethnically diverse areas.

cuteable Mon 17-Dec-12 08:33:10

I have a business idea but need to look at the viability of it. Where i live there is a lack of places that sell cheap fabric. Years ago, my grandparents lived where there was a market with a man who sold really cheap fabric. im trying to find out where he maybe sourcing it from.

anyone know where i would get rolls of cheap fabric? im assuming its a wholesaler who sells end of line stuff ...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now