tax return question, will they send a letter?

(5 Posts)
thehurty Thu 13-Dec-12 18:53:09

I have run my own business now for two years, I did my first online tax return and a few weeks later they sent me a letter to say I don't need to pay anything. I did my last tax return in May and I don't owe anything but they haven't sent me a letter, should they have / will they? should I contact them?

emma123456 Thu 13-Dec-12 22:08:40

If you completed 2011/12 tax return in May then you have nothing more to do until 2013! If you submitted the return online you can check your account to make sure its all as it should be.

thehurty Sat 15-Dec-12 12:53:04

yeah online it says that my return has been submitted and that I owe nothing, its just that I thought they send you a letter to confirm, like I had last year.

cla123 Wed 02-Jan-13 13:00:40

I started a Limited Company with my partner in October 2012 and have just found out I'm pregnant. I need to sort out my Tax and National Insurance. I called HMRC and they didn't really know if I needed to pay Class 1 or Class 2 NI. Does anyone know of a good helpline for small limited companies regarding tax, national insurance and maternity allowance?

CaptainNancy Wed 02-Jan-13 14:39:04

The tax arrangements will depend whether you are an employee of the ltd co or a director, so yes HMRC cannot advise as only you know that.
You need to speak to an accountant really.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now