how can I get more followers on fb and twitter

(8 Posts)
gussiegrips Wed 12-Dec-12 17:18:58

ecokimbo always follow followers? I didn't know that. And, when you say "clean up" you mean delete? Is that how it works?

There's quite a lot of the twitterquette that I don't know - like, who do you #ff?

And, what's an MT?

I am old. It is clear.

I HAVE just figured out that if I update my blog I can write a tweet with more than 140 characters. Huzzah.

Thanks all, great advice. I guess you are right redzombie, there's not a lot of point in having the wrong sort of people looking at your stuff!

RedZombie Tue 04-Dec-12 16:38:52

Go for quality not quantity! Who do you want to speak to? You need to find a way of engaging with them.
Keep your feed fresh, tweet or retwewt a couple of times a day and not just 'buy from me, I'm great' but also things that might interest your potential customers.

DrinkFeckArseGirls Tue 04-Dec-12 16:32:59

You can pay £99 to have 10,000 followers or suammat. Just google it.

ecokimbo Mon 03-Dec-12 10:19:53

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Follow other people, especially people whose businesses align but don't directly compete with yours. Comment on their work.
Ask people you meet to follow you on twitter/FB.
Add interest to your feeds, ideally daily, at least twice a week.
Make sure your business cards and website direct people to your social media sites.
Join LinkedIn, it's very searchable, and put twitter/FB links on there.

quoteunquote Thu 29-Nov-12 19:35:13

Sleep with a footballer or MP,

climb nelson's column naked, and stay on hunger strike at the top,

Start following them and they might return the favour.

Has anyone got any good advice on getting their name around on the social media? I'm pretty useless and twitter but ok on fb and I have a business page. How do I go about getting people to follow me on twitter?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now