Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

Wordpress.org contact form

(6 Posts)

I have websites in both Wordpress.com and Wordpress.org, but want to move to .org as it doesn't suffix the domain name. I cannot get the forms to port over from .com to .org, am I missing a plugin or is there a way to code it?
I have tried copy/pasting the code in the .com site but it is visible to users as code, not a form.
I am new to Wordpress, but fairly tech-savvy and a fast learner, any Wordpress experts out there?

girlbehind Sun 25-Nov-12 08:41:48

yes, you need a forms plugin. If you search for contact forms, you'll get a huge list to choose from.

Just wanted to add also that you can buy your own domain name within WordPress.com. If that's your only reason for changing, I'd reconsider as .com is so much simpler.

I'm already paying for hosting with another provider, so for now I'm sticking with that (until the contract ends) as I can't afford to pay two lots of hosting when I've no money coming in yet.

I got the contact form plugin sorted, does anyone know what's the best (ideally free) plugin for a custom form? After an hour trawling through plugin sites I'm none the wiser.

JohnDevise Mon 10-Dec-12 13:58:45

Hi.
I use this one - Form Maker .
It's a cool plugin .

JohnDevise Tue 11-Dec-12 10:20:13

Oh , I 'm sorry , the link below was wrong , Here is the right link of Form Maker -
web-dorado.com/products/wordpress-form.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now