Business name

(6 Posts)
Likeaheadlesschicken Tue 20-Nov-12 20:17:27

I am looking for ideas for a very small business name, it will initially be for facebook and then should it become successful for my website. I will be producing personalised cards, made using photos of children/hand & footprints a bit like moonpig I suppose but more handmade and less mass produced. However I am seriously struggling with names...(not a good start!) any ideas would be gratefully received, I want to get started but can't without this!!

HeathRobinson Tue 20-Nov-12 20:24:41

Cards For You

Little Prints

Keepsakes

FriendlyLadybird Tue 20-Nov-12 21:06:10

Building on Heath's suggestions, Keepsake cards? Keepsake creations? Handmade for you? Or you could go completely wild and just give yourself a name without any definite meaning, like Thumbelina or Purple Raspberry -- excellent for diversification when you're ready.

But don't stress too much about the name, especially if it's stopping you getting started!

aroomofherown Wed 21-Nov-12 16:24:30

I like the idea of keeping it open for diversification - moonpig is well remembered even though it says nothing about cards.

Something easy to remember and also type for when you get your website.

I love Purple Raspberry.

Entreprenizzle Mon 10-Dec-12 11:48:24

I love Thumbelina and Purple Raspberry too. I suppose it depends how you intend to advertise and how important it is that your business name describes what you do. If you are relying on word of mouth, a catchy 'purple raspberry' may be more appropriate.

ethelb Thu 13-Dec-12 17:53:46

I think business names for onlibe businesses should have some kind of lication name in them. Like English Card Company. That way you will get a highly relevant audiencw.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now