Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

I want to find stuff to sell at local fairs.... but where from??

(6 Posts)
blue2 Thu 15-Nov-12 22:30:28

I've been to a couple of christmas fairs recently, and seen some lovely stuff.

Some of it is made by the stallholder, but some of it must come from somewhere. Where do you find wholesalers - or are there trade exhibitions?

Any help appreciated.

yes, there are trade exhibitions and trade magazines too. If it's gift stuff, Gift Focus trade mag (link to their events page here , has lots of trade fairs listed)
Baby/nursery there's Nursery Today, Nursery Industry, the Harrogate Nursery Fair every March.
Greetings Today mag for greeting cards.
What sort of things are you looking for?

blue2 Fri 16-Nov-12 17:46:38

Hi Betty
Thank you for your help
I was thinking along the lines of really smart stationery such as leather bound note books etc.
I am so sick of seeing necklaces and scarves!

blue2 Fri 16-Nov-12 17:56:55

Ahhh... I should have clicked on your link before replying!
I've seen lots of stuff thats worth further exploration.
Thank you

NotAChocolateRaisin Thu 22-Nov-12 16:33:15

Blue2 - you should make your own leather bound notebooks and sell them.

NewishMumInTheVillage Wed 30-Jan-13 13:20:48

While I was travelling in India saw lots of handmade leather bound books with different types of handmade paper (coconut fibre, marigold petals) and really cheap. I thought at the time they would be good to import to sell. There maybe someway of purchasing wholesale from an Indian company online

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now