Pinterest - what is this and how do yo use it?

(10 Posts)
Zebrano1 Thu 10-Jan-13 16:33:26

Lots of companies are using it for advertising. I run a garden furniture website and have a pinterst page. Lots of people pin my images to their wish lists for their garden spaces. Its brilliant! I also have lots of other catagories on my page as I just love pinterest. You can pin about weddings, love, rainbows, london, places you have been, places you want to go. Its fantastic if your a visual person.

ethelb Tue 20-Nov-12 22:16:40

Tbf links do get reported as spam by other users increasingly frequently. But some magazine have boards that are quite popular.

nipersvest Tue 20-Nov-12 22:01:19

i get lots of blog traffic from people who have pinned my images, but i don't pin my own stuff myself.

FlamingoBingo Tue 20-Nov-12 21:55:10

Oh don't use it for marketing! Please! It's not meant for that, and it would ruin the whole site. Besides, I think most people would quickly unfollow people who are only on there to advertise.

ethelb Tue 20-Nov-12 21:54:00

I have heard that people wishing to increase their international audience tend to use it due to large Aussie and us audience. If people click on a pin they can go through to the original web page if it us an image from a website that had been pinned. My board is London Herb Garden if you want to have a look.

nipersvest Tue 20-Nov-12 14:04:11

it's not really meant for advertising, it's just an online pinboard to collect images on.

ethelb Tue 20-Nov-12 14:01:38

you can write captions

mummatotwo Tue 20-Nov-12 13:07:52

oh I see so no text just images?

ethelb Sat 17-Nov-12 22:58:24

O do lots bit I have had very little traffic from Pinterest. You basically pin pics of your stuff linked to your website and if other people like it it would appear on their wall so all their followers could see it.

mummatotwo Thu 15-Nov-12 13:54:21

keep seeing this as the "next big thing" for social media advertising but not sure - what do others think?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now