Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

SAHM's and starting businesses. Anyone?

(3 Posts)
Littleraysofsunshine Wed 14-Nov-12 20:53:44

Just wondered I there was anyone else in the same boat?

My DCs are at school (Y4 and Y6) so I'm only a SAHM in holidays really.
Starting a business is flipping hard work, you'll need some childcare if your DCs are young or DCs that sleep A LOT more than you do
My business is a couple of months in, and I am still spending inordinate amounts of time getting to grips with social media, networking etc.
have you considered linking up with another mum for a mutual childcare arrangement so you can both get time without DCs?

NearlyDoneMum Wed 09-Jan-13 13:40:24

You could consider buying an established business - all the hard work is in the first years. Once it is set up and running smoothly it is much easier to combine with being a SAHM.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now