Neither Mumsnet nor Barclays has checked the knowledge, experience or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. Please do not use this topic to post promotional messages about your business venture; if you do, your post may be deleted as spam.

B&B - where do I go from here????

(5 Posts)
BooBoyce Wed 14-Nov-12 16:37:56

Hi, I've recently made the leap from a steady, corporate job of the last 20 years to the unfamiliar (and somewhat daunting) world of running my own business. I've spent the past 13 months renovating a house and we are now open as a 3 bedroom, child-friendly B&B in Llangollen in beautiful North Wales.
We have our website, Facebook and Twitter accounts and have joined a number of organisations to try and promote the business but I was wondering if anyone could help with other ideas (preferably for free!) for me to spread the word....
I'm sure there are some real off the wall ideas out there and I'd love to hear from you....
Many thanks

Panadbois Tue 20-Nov-12 13:26:53

Sounds lovely! I suppose advertising in glossy mother and baby mags is too expensive?
What about local papers? (Local people need places for friends and family to stay) International Eisteddfod office might put you on their list of recommended places to stay? Do they still do book -a-bed-ahead sercvice at tourist informations centres? YOu could try Ruthin/ Denbigh/Dolgellau/ Betws y Coed.
Or send me a link into your FB page, I'll 'like' it, then my nosey friends with 'like ' it too!

BooBoyce Tue 20-Nov-12 13:35:45

Thank you very much! And you're right - the glossy mags are very expensive...

That's a very kind offer, as the more people nosying round our site the better! Our Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/Geufron and our website is www.geufronhall.co.uk - I'll keep an eye out for you and it would be great to hear what you think of them!

Thanks,

Beth

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Panadbois Tue 20-Nov-12 15:13:52

looks lovely smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now