Am I being over protected ??

(4 Posts)
Karenhibbert2 Fri 30-Sep-16 16:25:38

My DD started her full school days this week(she was going for 1/2 days for 3 weeks)

When I picked her up today she had a nasty graze on her arm and the injury report said she was pulled over by another child (it was a girl)

When asking her further she said it happened in play ground after lunch and a girl from year 1/2 pulled her over because she didn't want her to play tag with her.

Firstly it was my understanding and specifically said by the headteacher that Reception children did not play in the year 1/2 playground until after xmas to allow them to settle in (Reception have their own play area)

Secondly I am really alarmed that they are allowing 4 year olds to play in the playground with 6 and 7 year olds.

She then tells me when I asked her how did you get to the playground after lunch, she said she leaves the dining hall by herself and just goes into the playground( the playground is roughly about 50ft away from dining hall, not far but unsupervised.

I am really concerned that she is getting pushed around by older children already and that the school is not supervising the children during lunchtime properly.

I have asked to see the teacher on Monday about this, I am not usually this over protective but I really don't think a 4 year old just starting school should be playing in the older children's playground just yet, I worried she will get hurt and that she is not really being supervised properly.

VioletBam Sat 01-Oct-16 10:09:55

I mean this kindly but you are being over protective. This isn't a bullying issue. Bullying is when a repeated, nastiness happens.

One unfortunate incident isn't enough to stress over.

I'm not sure why you're concerned about the children leaving the lunch hall alone to go to the playground? It's normal I think.

4 isn't that much younger than 6-7 either.

Dakota1 Mon 03-Oct-16 07:28:14

You can kindly explain to her that the playground shouldn't be visited still and that she should hang around her friends and not wander off alone.

Ausernotanumber Mon 03-Oct-16 07:29:40

In the nicest way possible. You are being over protective

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now