Note: This topic is for discussing breastpumps. If you want to buy or sell breastpumps, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

medela mini electric

(10 Posts)
ladylush Sat 22-Aug-09 19:20:51

Have been hiring the medlela symphony but now need to send it back as the cost is prohibitive. Interested in hearing the opinions of those who have used the mini electric. TIA

ladylush Sat 22-Aug-09 19:21:30

medela blush

bluebump Sat 22-Aug-09 19:26:02

It is quite noisy but it is ok, I preferred my Tommee Tippee hand held one actually though but then by the time I used the Medela one my supply was pretty low.

Oh, and I kept making the mistake of using it on one boob with the suck on maximum and then putting it on the other and switching it on before moving the suction down to a more managable speed to start off with! Ouch! grin

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 22-Aug-09 19:27:24

Depends what you're looking for.
I had one and wasn't particularly more spectacular at getting the milk out although a little better, than a manual pump and it was a bit noisy.
But for the price it was a fantastic buy did it's job well and will do me next time without a doubt.
It was easy to use although the instructions were a bit rubbish but easy to figure out. I'm not sure how I would have got on if I wanted it for heaps of use i'm sure there are better ones out there but I can't complain about it really.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 22-Aug-09 19:29:00

Oh bluebump I did that too.
Actually that was one thing I did like about it was the adjustable suction over a manual it did give me a better let down actually over a manual.

vanimal Sat 22-Aug-09 20:03:21

Found it too noisy and prefer my manual Tommee Tippee one too!

moondog Sat 22-Aug-09 20:04:33

Mine was brill.Tonnes better than handheld Avent Isis.

Fab. Much better than a hand pump thingy.

IneedacleanerIamalazyslattern Sat 22-Aug-09 20:25:21

Yeah definately much better than the Avent Isis and everyone seems to love that one.

ladylush Sat 22-Aug-09 22:18:18

Great thanks for all your posts smile I am solely expressing at present so it will be used a lot. Assume it has a 12 month guarantee.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now