Note: This topic is for discussing breastpumps. If you want to buy or sell breastpumps, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Exclusively expressing - recommendations for pump please

(7 Posts)
10storeylovesong Thu 07-Mar-13 22:22:11

Hiya, due to my baby's prematurity and tongue tie I am unable to breast feed so will be expressing for him. I have a medela pump on loan from the hospital but this has to go back when he is discharged so in looking for recommendations. It will be used 6-8 times a day so needs to be pretty sturdy, and I would prefer to double pump as I seem to have a problem with let down when I single pump. I've been looking at the Ameda Lactaline and Medela Mini double pumps as I have a code through Amazon so can get either of them for £60, but am very open to suggestions for pumps and good places to buy from. Thanks!

Tubegirl Fri 08-Mar-13 12:48:58

I don't have a double pump but I do have a medala and it is pretty good. Hospitals tend to have them as well (not that this is a guarantee of greatness - probably just price).

Paintingrainbowskies Sat 09-Mar-13 22:22:17

I exclusively expressed for 14 months with a Medea freestyle and a pumping bra, expensive but worth every penny, I don't think I would have managed for so long without it.

10storeylovesong Sun 10-Mar-13 07:16:00

I've been looking at the freestyle and it does look good but unfortunately is out of my price range. My hospital recommend Medela but from the reviews I've seen of the mini it is not designed for the amount of usage us be needing it for.

With my first DS I used a Phillips hand pump, which went really well, but when I then tried to upgrade to the medela I didn't get a thing. This time round I e started with the medela and now can't get a thing from the Phillips. So sticking with what you know works may be a good idea. Can you hire one from the hospital? Or the freestyle has good resale value afterwards.

abigboydidit Tue 02-Jul-13 08:40:46

I have an Ameda lactaline which I love. It was passed down to me 2nd hand so had been used for 2 children already & I have used it a lot for my two (though not as much as you're using one). Have had to replace a couple of valves but they're not ££. Congrats on your little boy. Hope he's doing okay.

izjscott Thu 04-Jul-13 11:48:13

Hey,
I've just got the medela double swing, really easy to useand came with the calma teat which still requires baby to use mouth and jaw muscles.

Would highly recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now