Note: This topic is for discussing breastpumps. If you want to buy or sell breastpumps, please use our For Sale/Wanted boards. Please feel free to report buying and selling in this topic. Thanks, MNHQ.

Electric V manual breast pump.

(5 Posts)
supergreenuk Mon 05-Sep-11 09:40:51

anyone used both?

Which do you prefer and why?

cheekyginger Mon 05-Sep-11 15:46:03

I've used both.

Didnt like the electric one at first as felt that it was uncomfortable. Used a manual one for a few days but took ages to express small amounts.

When i tried the electric one again i really liked it as it could express about 6oz in 20 mins!!! Not sure if this is a good average speed.....but it was much quicker for me than the manual one. I was very lucky and borrowed both of mine, as you can just pop all the bits in the steriliser.

Happy expressing!!

supergreenuk Mon 05-Sep-11 17:11:50

Thanks x
Anyone else?

fraktious Mon 05-Sep-11 17:50:51

I have a manual Avent and an Ameda double electric. Manual has a longer suck, electric gets better letdown and less tiring on the hands. Different pumps for different purposes really.

Nevercan Fri 23-Sep-11 13:39:03

I tried a manual and found it useless. Preferred electric as it was quicker and easier

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now