Blister on baby's lips after a feed?

(17 Posts)
Buckets Wed 13-Aug-08 16:33:15

Hi, got a 10day old, just about managing with BF, but yesterday he developed a whiteish/seethru blister on the middle of his top lip, where it hangs down iyswim. Today after a particular feed I noticed there was this whiteishness all around the inside of his lips. Is this normal?
He seems to feed very well and BF counsellor said he had a good latch but my nipples are still sore. (Prob because I can't get a comfy sitting position for my aching bum!)

clarinsgirl Wed 13-Aug-08 16:34:02

Pretty normal I think, my DS certainly had this to start with.

CJMommy Wed 13-Aug-08 16:35:31

Sounds like sucking blisters to me - quite normal. Someone else may be able to answer your question more specifically but my LC told me it was fine as DS had them too.

Romy7 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:35:37

normal normal normal.

ten10 Wed 13-Aug-08 16:36:48

Yeah mine had blisters like that too,
soon went away and didn't come back

JulesJules Wed 13-Aug-08 16:37:07

Both mine had this "milk blister", it's fine, nothing to worry about, will just disappear on its own. Well done with the bf, the sore nipples will get better!

And congratulations of course, on your DS!

louii Wed 13-Aug-08 16:38:06

yes my son had that as well, easy way to spot a breastfed baby as i dont think it happens much when they are not breastfed. grin

Buckets Wed 13-Aug-08 16:45:32

Oh thank God! I've been feeling so sorry for myself I didn't want to voice that worry out loud grin.
Thanks, will be on here a lot no doubt as soon as I can sit long enoughgrin.Have already beaten my BF record for DD so from here on in am a total novice.

my ds had one too - it didn't bother him but looked awful

it's a feding blister! very normal and oh so cute1

do you think it looks awful stealth? i think it looks really sweet!

FAQ Wed 13-Aug-08 16:51:44

lol tmmj - I thought you said it's a "fecking" blister grin

snigger

my typo-feeding sorry

Well just that when I have had blisters that big (relative to his size of course) it has been a bad thing! Stretched over his entire top lip. Suppose if I could get past the 'blister' thing it might look cute! It certainly didn't bother him in the slightest, feeding or not.

PortAndLemon Wed 13-Aug-08 16:53:37

That's normal in bf babies (I think it looks very cute blush).

Apart from when he was off for a night out and couldn't apply his lipstick properly

pointydog Wed 13-Aug-08 17:07:03

aw, I'd forgotten all about teh little lip blister.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now