Baby rejecting bottle

(5 Posts)
newmammy16 Tue 15-Nov-16 19:35:04

Hi All. My baby used to take a bottle with either breast milk or formula no problem. Stupidly we haven't given her either in a bottle in a few weeks because the breastfeeding was going so well. However I am due to go away for one night the weekend after next so we decided we better introduce the bottle again, however no matter who tries to give it to her she screams her head off and won't even try a single sup. Has anyone got any advice? It's very distressing for all concerned.

PotteringAlong Tue 15-Nov-16 19:36:54

Are you there when she's trying to have a bottle? If so, it might be worth disappearing; even if you just go and have a bath. In my experience, if they can smell milk then you're on a high tail to nothing.

newmammy16 Tue 15-Nov-16 20:44:43

Hi Pottering along

We have a flat so I was in the kitchen while my husband tried in the bedroom it didn't seem to make any odds.

LittleSausageFingers Wed 16-Nov-16 22:20:31

My DD wouldn't have a bottle when she was being held, but if we put her in her bouncy chair she had it no problems... Maybe worth a try? Also, have you tried different milk temperatures? My DD wouldn't have it unless pretty warm. Fussy baby grin

newmammy16 Wed 16-Nov-16 23:03:21

Thanks I'll ask my husband to try that. Today she took a little bit from a Nuk bottle, maybe we are getting there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now