Oversupply and comfort feeds!

(4 Posts)
DocMcFanjo Thu 29-Sep-16 14:18:16

Have posted on this previously but I'm battling oversupply and exuberant flow atm with 8 week old DD.

Block feeding is helping but I still have hose-like flow. DD manages for most feeds but often looks for little comfort feeds to get to sleep for naps etc and she's unfortunately being drowned for these too. Worse, she often ends up vomiting MASSIVELY at these times as she's already pretty full.

My question is should I try to forgo the comfort feeds and stick to the v approx 2 hourly feeds she seems to seek for hunger? Maybe try to rock her etc instead.

I hate having to consider this because with DD1 BF was for everything- hunger, sleep, cuddles, upset, and it was brilliant and the answer to nearly all our problems!sad

FlyingCat Thu 29-Sep-16 14:29:12

Not experienced it myself but some good tips here!
kellymom.com/bf/got-milk/supply-worries/fast-letdown/
I like the idea of letting them comfort feed from only one side (the side you fed from most recently) - such a shame to cut out comfort feeds altogether!

DocMcFanjo Thu 29-Sep-16 14:40:47

That article is really helpful. I'll go with the suggestions and see how we get on. Really don't want to stop the comfort feeds though Lord knows how the poor child is managing to get much comfort out of them!

Thanks flyingcatflowers

FlyingCat Thu 29-Sep-16 16:05:41

Good luck - I don't know what I'd do without being able to use bf for all the reasons you mention! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now