Spa day in a week...will I need to pump whilst there?

(10 Posts)
worrierandwine Fri 16-Sep-16 11:59:48

Got a much needed spa day booked in just over a week and am hoping to leave 5 month old with DH and some expressed milk. I'm a little concerned about my supply being affected and my boobs getting uncomfortably full at the spa. I don't have a manual pump as I loaned it someone and never got it back, I only have an electric pump and not sure how practical this would be at a spa. Am I overthinking it and just hand pump a bit in the sauna if they get too full?

FoamyShrimp Sat 17-Sep-16 20:35:41

That would be nice for other people using the sauna hmm

If you're expressing enough just to relieve discomfort then it shouldn't take too long. Phone and ask in advance if there is anywhere you can express. At five months your supply shouldn't be affected.

Fluffsnuts Sun 18-Sep-16 21:06:02

I wouldn't do it in the sauna! But just hand express in to a sink if you get uncomfortable.

worrierandwine Wed 21-Sep-16 07:54:42

Thanks, don't know why I said sauna confused I obviously wouldn't sit there with my fellow spa goers expressing breast milk! I was thinking shower if it's not too communal. She won't entertain a bottle anyway so it doesn't matter, DH is coming with pre schooler and baby in tow for me to feed baby when she needs then watch them during treatments.

Banananananana Wed 21-Sep-16 10:11:30

That sounds totally unrelaxing...!

worrierandwine Wed 21-Sep-16 14:33:15

Tell me about Banana! If it were up to me I would wait and go when I can actually enjoy it as it's supposed to be enjoyed but it's a voucher that runs out soon, I've booked it as late as I possibly can. I'll just have to go again when DD2 has decided she'll take a bottle!!

CityMole Fri 23-Sep-16 16:49:28

I have a 5m old that I have to leave sometimes for work. I sometimes will hand express enough just to relieve pressure (usually in a cubicle into some loo roll which I flush). I don't find it affects my supply if it's just one day. If I'm away for more than a few hours, or on consecutive days, I tend to use the manual pump to quickly express a little more than that.

worrierandwine Fri 23-Sep-16 19:03:24

Thanks citymole. I tried her with a bottle (standard Tommee tippee) and she won't entertain it at all. So much for me regaining a little freedom! I guess she'll take it when she's ready...hopefully before I have to go back to work confused

CityMole Fri 23-Sep-16 20:24:15

My baby only took dr Browns, then he started taking minbie for a bit before deciding to bottle strike. Now (5m) he's into any and all bottles (except tommee tippee for some reason) and his new fave is the avent bottle that is part of the manual pump set! They are fickle little fuckers sometimes grin

worrierandwine Sat 24-Sep-16 02:39:12

I've seen the minbie ones advertised, that was going to be my next option but just have a feeling this one is going to be awkward! I can see myself spending £££ on different bottles and her refusing them all! Her sister was a dream regards bottles and weaning but DD2 gags on calpol so god knows what she'll do with baby porridge!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now