Tell me about your 11mo's bfs

(8 Posts)
Poocatcherchampion Thu 15-Sep-16 19:49:30

The baby hasn't really fed since Monday. I managed to persuade him eventually Tuesday ans Wednesday before sleeps but not tonight. He's refused every other offer and wierdly has slept through the night too. He woke last night in fact and a hug was enough.

It is too early for him IMO and also for me, I thought I would do a few years like I did dc1.

How much are you feeding your DC (bf)?

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Thu 15-Sep-16 23:28:35

Not enough. My almost 1 year old doesn't feed enough. We are down to 3 feeds a day most days. If he is unwell he will feed a bit more often. He just likes to feed when tired. My older two were bottle fed at the same age and they too were not big milk drinkers. I don't know how to increase the number of feeds.

Poocatcherchampion Fri 16-Sep-16 07:36:03

Thanks for answering. I was down to about the sake before this strike. I don't think it is too unusual but it does seem like a lot

Summerholsdoingmyheadin Fri 16-Sep-16 09:24:14

Apparently temporary strikes are pretty common. They can be due to a number of things including teething or developmental leaps and they return to their previous pattern after a week or so. I hope yours is just a temporary strike. These babies do know how to worry us.

Poocatcherchampion Fri 16-Sep-16 10:34:09

*doesn't

Poocatcherchampion Fri 16-Sep-16 10:35:29

Yes it is a bit of a worry.
He was awake half the night because he normally has a night feed but didn't want to feed. Talk about contrary! Ironic that I was wanting him to nightwean a week ago!

He finally gave in at 6am so we all had an hours sleep

bigmamapeach Fri 16-Sep-16 12:30:48

My 12mo suddenly decided a few weeks ago to cut down from 8 or so feeds per day (!) to once in early morning (6am), once at bedtime and maybe 1-2 times per day. Weight and height show he's a monster so I'm not worrying (though I have no idea why he decided to do this). He's just got his own plan. Could go with the flow, providing all looks tip top with growth and general development? Continue offering boob when he's chilled??

bigmamapeach Fri 16-Sep-16 13:46:00

Sorry, typo! And 1-2 times per night. So 3 or 4 feeds in 24 hours now. Before that was easily double. I assume his body will tell him if he needs more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now