which bottles most like breast?

(21 Posts)
LimesMum Sun 11-Sep-16 18:41:08

Having problems getting breast fed baby to take a bottle.

Just wondering which bottles people have found easiest to interchange with breast feeding?

My dd1 was a bottle refuser from 4 months and I'm very keen not to repeat this!!

Dd2 has been having a bottle every couple if days for last few weeks but has become progressively less keen on it and today has refused totally

Thanks!

Passmethecrisps Sun 11-Sep-16 18:43:25

I am not sure if any are that convincing but my mil did proclaim with some surprise that the tommee tippee was "like a little breast"

Not2bObvious Sun 11-Sep-16 18:46:56

I used nuk bottles all along, as I bottle-fed (with expressed milk) & breastfed from start. Apparently they are shaped like a your nipple would be in breast feeding, flat on 1 side

Littlelondoner Sun 11-Sep-16 18:53:06

For expressed milk medela ones are they even have nubbles on them to feel like a nipple. The baby also has to suckle hard to get milk from them.

Some times if baby goes from breast to bottle they can forget how to latch on as bottles so much easier. This style bottle means they still have to work for their milk.

Littlelondoner Sun 11-Sep-16 18:54:12

www.medela.co.uk/breastfeeding/products/feeding/calma

Doje Sun 11-Sep-16 18:55:47

We used Tommee Tippee as we were told they were most breast like. I can't remember who said it though! I think it was some HCP along the way.

starsinyourpies Sun 11-Sep-16 18:56:05

I second Medela, the sucking motion required is apparently very similar to breast and my DD moved between these and breast with no problems.

LimesMum Sun 11-Sep-16 20:20:18

Thanks all. I did try nuk with dd1 with no joy but will try again and I've also got some TT ones I can try. Not tried medula so can give that a go.

Anyone tried MAM or munchkin Latch?

RabbitSaysWoof Sun 11-Sep-16 20:23:36

I used Nuby natural touch I mix fed for 6 months with no problems.
Good luck.

LBOCS2 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:26:44

Mam worked best for us and all the other bottle-triers I know.

I spent £25 on a selection of 'single' bottles from Amazon and it was the only one DD2 took to.

firsttimemum15 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:33:36

I've tried a latch and the medela both of which baby used when tiny. But since then hasn't used a bottle and now 8 mo wouldn't take them.

Bought cheap tesco ones. Wouldn't take that and a tomee tippe no joy. But tomee tippy have just brought out a boob like one apparently..

Anyway she took small amount- I only gave small amount from an nuk one with a latex rather than silicone teat yesterday.

Yet to repeat but the furthest we've got. X

I breast fed exclusively last time. But after asking around I have a Few MAM bottles and a breast pump at the ready this time just in case. I was told they are good xx

Mia5678 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:39:09

Chicco Natural Feeling works really well for us. I mainly breastfeed but also give the occasional bottlefeed. No problem going between the two.

tappitytaptap Sun 11-Sep-16 20:45:17

Dr Browns finally convinced my bottle refuser.

Heatherbell1978 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:49:58

Dr Browns after trying every other bottle on the market! We switched to Tommee Tippee after a few months as I didn't like the faff of all the different parts. I tried for months, tried everything, then one day made the milk a bit warmer than usual and voila! So do make sure the milk is quite warm (yours is).

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 11-Sep-16 20:51:49

Mam ones that are microwave sterilise ones. Fab. Tk maxx for a third of the price of Boots.

proudmummyoftwo Sun 11-Sep-16 20:57:32

Mam are fab. They flat kinda like a breast does in mouth.

CanISayOfHerFace Sun 11-Sep-16 21:00:52

Medela were the only ones that worked for us.

LimesMum Mon 12-Sep-16 20:09:21

Thanks all - will do some ordering!!!

Karmin Fri 23-Sep-16 01:03:57

The haberman bottles are good and use the same latch and similar technique to breastfeeding

Highlove Fri 23-Sep-16 12:58:44

The new Latch ones have so far worked for us. They were half price in Mothercare last week.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now