When does evening fussiness and cluster feeding stop?

(4 Posts)
MadrigalElectromotive Mon 05-Sep-16 12:26:40

DD is 16 weeks and is still very fussy in the evenings. She needs to be held/bf from about 6pm-10.30pm when she'll usually finally drop off. She is exclusively breastfed. I was expecting the evenings to have got easier by now. She is happy and settled in general, and a reasonable sleeper, but I find the evenings such hard work!

mrsmugoo Tue 06-Sep-16 16:16:45

DD is 14 weeks (we're in the same June antenatal group). I'd say evenings have only just started to get less fraught and earlier bedtimes are beginning. 3 weeks ago she was going down at 11. Now it's about 9. Last night was 8:30.

MadrigalElectromotive Tue 06-Sep-16 17:41:36

Ah, so perhaps the end is in sight! I was expecting cluster feeding but everyone said it would end by 3 months. hmm Hopefully she'll start going to sleep a bit earlier soon.

FurryGiraffe Tue 06-Sep-16 21:28:04

My 16 week old is still doing a shortish cluster feeding session from about 6-8.30 pm. It's only in the last week or two that it's reliably become that kind of time. It's a pain and I'd like my evenings again (DS1 spoiled me by dropping the cluster feeds and adopting a 3 month bedtime at 3 months). Fingers crossed it improves for you soon!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now