Medela swing pump... Please help!

(10 Posts)
Bearberry Sat 03-Sep-16 21:24:35

Wondering if anyone an give me some guidance regarding the Medela swing pump. A friend has loaned me one and I needed to buy the corresponding parts to go with (the bit your actual boob goes in and the bottle and tubes).

Parts arrived from Amazon with boob bit and bottles but no tube. Googling seems to suggest maybe I have the wrong bottle parts and now not sure what tubing I need... Arghhh! Can't get hold of friend and want to order ASAP so wondering if anyone can help clarify if the parts I have will work with the swing pump and tubing - if so I'll go ahead an order swing tubing as that's easy enough to find on Amazon.

I've attached photos, hopefully. Really hoping this makes sense to someone....

ThisIslandGirl Sat 03-Sep-16 21:28:22

The tube you need should look like this, some of the older models have different tubes. Is that what you mean?

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 03-Sep-16 21:29:36

Your bottle bit looks fine. I suspect you're missing both the tube and the rubber bits that go at the other end of the tube to the bottle (fit under the lid of the pump)

Will find a link

ThisIslandGirl Sat 03-Sep-16 21:29:46

The bottles and boob bit (can't remember what it's called!) work with this tube (the one in the picture is a newer one) but does also work with the older tubes.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 03-Sep-16 21:31:08

http://www.pumps4mums.co.uk/medelaswingtube.htm

This is the tube. Ignore me about the rubber bit under the lid, was thinking of a different pump

superking Sat 03-Sep-16 21:31:21

That looks just like the parts from my swing so I would go ahead and order the tubes.

NotWithoutMyMerkin Sat 03-Sep-16 21:31:49

Amazon link here

Bearberry Sat 03-Sep-16 21:55:07

Great, thanks everyone flowers. Bloody impressed my message made actual sense and will order tubes now!

Shall be pumping me way to an afternoon off ( fingers crossed! ) before I know it... smile

superking Sun 04-Sep-16 05:23:53

Good luck, I had my first afternoon off since DS2 was born yesterday and it was bloody brilliant!

ItsLikeRainOnYourWeddingDay Sun 04-Sep-16 06:17:44

The swing pump is not a closed system, ie milk can get into the motor and then the milk can get out. It is dangerous and unhygienic, medela even state that the swing is a single user product and buying new parts does not rectify the problem. Please get another pump, brand new!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now