Painful bf in pregnancy

(4 Posts)
Nottalotta Fri 02-Sep-16 18:54:39

Ds is 13 months and bf at bedtime, in the night, and first thing. I am gradually cutting down by giving him a cup of milk before bedtime feed and first thing.

When he latches on I am getting quite a bit of pain. I'm not sure if it's to be expected due to pregnancy? I have to brace myself a bit and have found myself wincing in preparation.

When I was pregnant with Ds I have incredibly painful breasts in the first trimester. I haven't had that this time and am past that stage now.

Is it normal to have the pain?

Gardencentregroupie Fri 02-Sep-16 18:56:30

I hope so, I have it too. My DD is older (2yo) and nurses more often than your DS, though I'm trying desperately to cut her down/wean her off. It's agony for the first while though it does eventually ease.

Nottalotta Sat 03-Sep-16 18:30:42

Gosh I'm glad ds doesn't feed in the day too. I work 3 days a week and he refused a bottle so had to manage without bf in the day those days, I think that, along with the fact that he eats really well, has helped with cutting sown bf.

sambababy Sun 11-Sep-16 16:44:55

How many months pregnant are you? When I became pg with DC2, DD was about 16mo and feeding morning, nap and bedtime. At the start of the pregnancy breastfeeding was uncomfortable but manageable. The discomfort eased for a while, but by 4 months pregnant it was agony like you described and we stopped (I'd been phasing it out anyway to have a break before DC2 arrived).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now