Fussy eating toddler! Help please

(2 Posts)
MrsJones33 Sat 06-Aug-16 14:06:55

Does anyone have any advice? My 16m old girl can be really fussy when it comes to eating.
During the week at nursery, she eats three meals a day plus snacks but when it comes to the weekend, trying to get her to eat more than a few mouthfuls at a time is really difficult and making me worry and stress.
She does have days (at home) that she eats very well but more often than not, she will only eat a few mouthfuls then throw the food on the floor and refuse to eat anything more! It's very rare that I can get her to eat a proper meal. Am I worrying over nothing or should I seek further advice?
Any thoughts/advice/experiences would be most welcome.
Many thanks smile

TheFirie Sat 06-Aug-16 21:03:47

Is she snacking during the weekend? Do you give her anything to eat, even just a cracker, a biscuit or a couple of chips outside the table and meal times. Do you eat sitting all at the table or is it just her on a high chair ? Do you give her juices or milk?
Two hours before meal time, my kids did;t have anything to put in their mouth and the only drink was water. Don't underestimate how even the smallest snack alters appetite.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now