Perfect prep and reheating

(3 Posts)
Bumbler16 Wed 27-Jul-16 14:24:41

Hi all

I've given up on breastfeeding due to an unfortunate blister followed by mastitis.

So now we're trying to get our head around bottle feeding and I wondered if anyone could help me please.

I find the bottles from the perfect prep go cold quite quickly and my LO then won't finish them. He'll take the first few oz no problem but then the last couple once they're cold he won't touch.
I'm wondering if I stood the bottle in hot water to keep it warm when he's not feeding (whilst he's being burped and I'm doing his bum) would that be ok do you think?

Thanks so much.

TeaBelle Wed 27-Jul-16 14:27:05

I wouldn't as you risk keeping the bottle at optimum temperature for bacteria to breed - perfect prep machines can be quite rife for this anyway so this would increase the risk even more.

welshweasel Wed 27-Jul-16 14:30:20

No I wouldn't for bacteria breeding reasons! I find that the PP makes bottles a bit cooler than I would do them from the kettle but the convenience is worth it. I got my baby used to cold milk from the ready made bottles which he seemed to like.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now