Advice baby nursery + back to work

(4 Posts)
bigmamapeach Fri 08-Jul-16 13:08:19

Hi ladies... advice wanted! DS is 1 in september and will start nursery then, intend to start work again (gently..!) and so far he's BF plus solids, he's doing well with solids. But never taken milk from anything except a boob. He is good with water in his sippy cup.

How do folks recommend handling the return..? He will be 2 days booked for long days at nursery but I can pick him up earlier if he needs it (and I can do a phased return). Should I not bother with a bottle at all and just try out in advance with sippy cup or open cup, with formula in it? I can't be arsed to express! Should I have a partner try with the cup not me? Any other great tips pls...?! How far in advance should I try him and how often?

Thanks guys.

Thomasisintraining Fri 08-Jul-16 13:11:09

Solids while you are at work with sippy cup of water and boob morning, evening and night time if he still does night time. Then feed as normal when you are home. DS fed until 2.5.

FurryGiraffe Fri 08-Jul-16 18:27:37

Agreed- solids and water at nursery. BF as usual when not. As he'll be over 1 he could of course have cow's milk too.

I went back when DS was 10 months and he did 2 days 7.30- 6.00 PM at nursery then a couple of other days at home with DH. He fed as usual otherwise and we kept feeding until he self weaned at 19 months.

bigmamapeach Mon 11-Jul-16 13:37:15

Thanks guys! I'm hoping all will be FINE

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now