silent reflux

(6 Posts)
cazzo85 Sun 26-Jun-16 07:48:19

Hi my 13 week old has silent reflux which he has been prescribed gaviscon for and it helps a lot!! But with the silent reflux comes a snuffly nose! He has a blocked nose all the time but worse at night I'm told it is a symptom of silent reflux I was wondering if anyone had experienced this and if so how did u find a way to help him?? I've got a special reflux pillow for him!!

Onthedowns Mon 27-Jun-16 20:44:36

It can be a sign of cows milk intolerance, my sons nose was like this then we moved onto an amino based milk with no diary? Can you try this? Or prop the crib end up?

amysmummy12345 Tue 28-Jun-16 01:37:44

My doctor has just prescribed saline nose drops to try and combat this. Now if I could just not smell of baby sick all of the time that would be great 😌

Izzy83 Sun 03-Jul-16 22:17:35

I've just joined mumsnet and am very interested to read that a snuffly nose can be a sign of silent reflux! I have a 13 week old DD and we have a doctors appointment tomorrow, as I'm convinced she has silent reflux! She seems to have a snuffly nose constantly, which we use saline nasal drops for. I'll add it to my list of symptoms to discuss with the GP tomorrow!
Really hope they prescribe something for it :-(

BeenThereTooSEL Sun 03-Jul-16 22:25:38

More likely due to some sort of lactose/dairy intolerance/sensitivity

Izzy83 Mon 04-Jul-16 20:05:50

Cazzo85 does your little one scream and scream in the evenings with the reflux? My DD has horrendous meltdowns in the evenings, but not sure if it's due to the reflux or something else?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now