cant find same teats they had in hospital for new born

(5 Posts)
huskybo Wed 22-Jun-16 23:39:15

Hello - I'm a new grandma and new to the site - been a long time since weve had a new baby in the famlly so looking here for advice.

Grandson was born in hospital and kept in over night due to it being a weekend birth. The hospital gave us aptimil ready made bottles with a disposable SMA teat .
On going home weve hit a few little problems
1 - baby has jaundice and was constantly sleeping - not waking for his feed and dropping off to sleep again when he had only had just a tiny bit of milk.
The midwife suggested it might be because the teats we are using are too big for a new born and baby is wearing himself out trying to feed, hence falling asleep
I have looked everywhere to buy newborn teats to no avail - the ones used in the hospital are slightly angular towards the roof of the mouth and smaller than the tommee tippee ones.
Tonight Ive been to asda and tesco - no new born teats.
Also, I dont know, if I do find any , should I be getting slow or fast flow

Thanks

SeashellHoarder Thu 23-Jun-16 06:51:50

You can buy the same ready made bottles with treats.
It's called a newborn starter pack. It is expensive though (£8 for 6 feeds)
m.boots.com/h5/cat_hub?unCountry=uk&path=%2Fen%2FAptamil-1-First-Milk-from-Birth-Starter-Pack_1480929%2F

scrivette Thu 23-Jun-16 07:05:40

Try the Tesco Value bottles, they are £1 each. The teats are very small and soft and I have seen them recommended both for tiny babies and older bottle refusers.

dementedpixie Thu 23-Jun-16 07:12:27

They sound like nuk teats which you can buy along with bottles

Cornberry Mon 27-Jun-16 18:32:18

Boots do them

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now