Any reason not to use two single pumps?

(5 Posts)
HJBeans Mon 13-Jun-16 11:01:34

Going back to work with DS2 at 3 month as I did with DS1, so will do a lot of pumping. Happily used an avent comfort single pump last time and it's still going. In a more demanding job now, though, and want to pump more quickly so considering a double. With avent double costing over £250 and another single costing about £80, I'm wondering why it's not common to just use two singles. Is there any good reason not to do this?

MrsMarsch Mon 13-Jun-16 11:09:22

Ooh I'm following this too, surely it makes sense to have 2 singles, then if one breaks you still have one working, if you don't mind the extra noise?

HJBeans Mon 13-Jun-16 12:28:00

Exactly - and could bring one home at the weekend / at night and still have one in the office if I forget to bring it back. Seems a win-win to me, but can't imagine how the double versus single pricing structure works if there are big disadvantages to using two singles?

HJBeans Mon 13-Jun-16 12:31:56

aren't big disadvantages

coveredinhopeandvaseline Wed 15-Jun-16 23:04:48

The Ameda lactaline Dual pump is mega effective...double pump around £100.

I'm exclusively pumping for a 10 month old and it is every bit as good as the hospital grade Medela I rented...I relactated after a 2 month break and it was brilliant for that also.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now