Biting when feeding

(5 Posts)
horseylady Wed 01-Jun-16 19:08:50

I'm after some advice?!

Baby is 5 months old, ebf and will not take a bottle. He has three teeth (yes three!! And yes 5 months old) he's biting me when he feeds. Obviously it really hurts. Is there anything I can do to stop it/ease the pain??? It really hurts. Thank you!

WiMoChi Sat 18-Jun-16 22:22:32

Hi, found my LG bit a little more when she was teething. Push babies face into your boob, he will soon unlatch his teeth when he can't breathe. I always ended nursing sessions when I got bit too. Zero tolerance lol. Good luck x

ILoveAGoodBrusselSprout Sat 18-Jun-16 22:30:23

I'm not sure I'd push his face into my boob to stop him breathing, even if just for a second or two. However, when my LOsbit me, I'd immediately remove them from the breast and lay them down without touching them. It took a few bites for each of them to get the message, but they'll soon realise that they'll get no reward for biting.

I don't recommend this, but once or twice I yelled out loud, unintentionally, but it was so sore and took me by surprise, and gave LOs such a fright that they stopped straight away.

cookiefiend Sat 18-Jun-16 22:42:11

I agree with ilove- I felt terrible doing it to DD1- yelled when she bit (because it hurts!) then put her down on the floor (assuming it is safe to do so) for a minute. before picking her up and saying something like "don't bite mummy". It seems harsh, and I still remember it but after once or twice she never did it again (she is 2 and a half and has a full set of teeth now) and no problems since. I think you yelling and the sudden lack of closeness is a big shock to thier little system.

OhGoToSleepPlease Sat 18-Jun-16 22:48:03

Exactly as said above. I try not to yell but have done a couple of times as it's so sudden & blooming sore!
Dd is grinding atm as her gums are sore so that doesn't help.

I put her down & say don't bite mummy(even though logically I know she has no idea what I mean)
This generally ends that nursing session.

My ds did it too. It does pass. Thank goodness

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now