Nursing clothes

(12 Posts)
SleeplessInGarforth Sat 14-May-16 20:27:12

Hi mums,

I had my Dd2 4 weeks ago so I'm sporting a wobbly belly that I didn't have before, my boobs are much bigger and so my maternity clothes are too big but my normal clothes are too small.

I want to get some nice nursing clothes to make myself feel a bit less rubbish about how I look (and on a practical note to get something that actually fits and is suitable for chasing a 3 year old DD1 around).

I'm really struggling to find decent nursing clothes. I don't think I'm all that choosy but I have hated a lot of the clothes I've ordered and I keep sending most things back. I'm ok on for (boring) t-shirts but not finding much else. The dresses I've ordered and sent back didn't suit me at all.

Any recommendations as to where to get stuff from that I might have overlooked?

Thank you in advance!

museumum Sat 14-May-16 20:30:08

Seraphine, jojo, frugi...

I got quite plain tops and nice skirts/trousers and shoes and cardis to jazz things up a bit.

Pannacott Sat 14-May-16 20:38:53

If you are on Facebook, check out a group called 'Can I breastfeed in it'. Lots of clothes.

dontpokethebear Sat 14-May-16 20:42:09

I wear a primark cami vest (the ones with adjustable straps) under various looser fitting tops. You can lift the top up and pull the vest down, keeping your stomach covered.

SleeplessInGarforth Sat 14-May-16 20:43:38

Thanks both smile

I'm not on that FB group so thanks very much for the tip.

didireallysaythat Sat 14-May-16 20:46:55

EBay bundles. Mary Jane vests (Amazon). I found some great US brands on eBay.

Junosmum Sat 14-May-16 21:34:21

Yeah, I'm on the cami top with looser top over. Shirt dresses and wrap dresses work too. I haven't bought specific clothes as I think they are mainly unattractive and made me feel awful.

heyhulahoop Sat 14-May-16 21:53:36

Never bothered with specific tops, just vest top under my normal top and i do one up one down.

theothermcoy Sat 14-May-16 21:56:09

vertbaudet have some nice easy access nursing tops and they have a sale on at the moment.

MOB247 Sat 14-May-16 22:00:52

Asda nursing vests! Love them really cheap but good support for bigger busted ladies ! I wear mine nearly everyday!

daisydalrymple Sat 14-May-16 22:12:26

I alternate between a vest underneath a normal top, so one up one down, as pp have said, and nursing tops from H&m. I love them, especially now it's getting warmer, it's so easy to just wear one item! They have a cross over v neck, with a little layer underneath to be discreet. They're £20 for a pack of two but a lot of the colours are sold out online. If you like them check them out on eBay, there's usually loads on there, that's where I got most of mine.

blondy307 Wed 03-Aug-16 12:41:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now