No day time feeds (when I work) = better sleep?!?!

(8 Posts)
Nottalotta Sun 24-Apr-16 10:14:16

Started work again last week. Three days in a row. Ds is 9months today, ebf and eats solids well but won't take milk. The days I worked he felon waking, had three meals and water, then fed a lot in the hour before bed. Then slept his longest stretches ever! 7+ hours! Usually manages 2-3.

Not at qork yesterday so fed a couple of times during the day, fed at bedtime but not a huge feed. Woke much sooner.

Too early to try and cut the daytime feeds I guess? ( in the hope of better sleep......)

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Apr-16 14:08:11

If you think the longer feed at night is helping sleep, is there anything you can do to increase this feed, like leaving a bigger gap between eating and this feed or breast compressions?

AppleMagic Sun 24-Apr-16 14:11:30

What does he do on the days you work? It might not be to do with feeding at all. If he's at nursery/with a childminder it might be that he's exhausted after a busy day.

Nottalotta Sun 24-Apr-16 14:56:03

He's with my mum or mother in law. They are exhausted but I don't think it's tiredness with him.

I'm wondering about how to extend my bedtime feed, maybe prod him a bit so he carries on feeding rather than falling asleep too soon?

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 24-Apr-16 15:08:03

Have you tried Breast compressions?

Nottalotta Mon 25-Apr-16 11:06:35

I tried last night to no avail. He did feed twice during the day as is usual, but there didn't seem to be much for him at bedtime.

Not sure if I can try to not feed him daytimes, he feeds for his naps. He naps withoit feeds when I'm at work but not sure he'd do it for me.

GoldPlatedBacon Mon 25-Apr-16 21:55:06

I'm noticing the same pattern with my dd. She's also 9 months and is only drinking milk 4 times over 24 hour period and nothing between 10 am and 6.30pm. Since this pattern arose last week, she's been sleeping 10 until 4 whereas before she was waking at 1 am as well. I'm a little worried tbh that's she's not having enough milk though.

Nottalotta Mon 25-Apr-16 22:05:57

Tonight he woke at 9.40. Just fed again. At work tomorrow so will see what happens then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now