7wk old- does he need to have a feed at night?

(6 Posts)
strangerjo Mon 18-Apr-16 16:53:20

At the moment I am waking my 7wk old son up at night and not letting him go beyond 4 hrs without a feed. I've read that at this age it's ok to let them sleep through the night if they are tanked up prior to sleep or that a dream feed could be offered. What do people think about this? I'm quite scared to let my son sleep too long without food.

dementedpixie Mon 18-Apr-16 16:56:19

I would let him wake for his own feeds....as long as he has regained/surpassed his birth weight and is continuing to gain and is weeing/pooing well.

TeaBelle Mon 18-Apr-16 16:58:28

I agree with pixie

TheEmperorNotTheSalad Mon 18-Apr-16 20:02:13

Seconded.

Make the most of it <applies more make up to bags under eyes>

Writerwannabe83 Mon 18-Apr-16 23:40:09

I wouldn't want him going any longer than 5-6 hours without a feed at that age as long as he's gaining weight well and feeding well in the day but otherwise I would let him sleep.

I used to set my alarm to wake me up every 3 hours to feed DS during the night and it used to drive DH mad grin

HandbagFan Mon 18-Apr-16 23:43:35

At 7 weeks I'd leave him til he wakes up. DS is 8 weeks and goes up to six hours at night and he's fine. Stock them up before bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now