clip on highchair... anyone use one?

(8 Posts)
1northernfairy Fri 15-Apr-16 12:47:33

Knowledgeable M'Netters...

I am looking to buy a clip on highchair to use as our everyday highchair (so not necessarily 'portable'). We will attach it to a breakfast bar.

Anybody use one day in day out? Any recommendations? Things to be aware of? General experiences?

Thanks in advance... smile

CallMeMousie Fri 15-Apr-16 12:57:47

We have the Phil and Ted one - can't remember what it's called, the one that isn't the lobster one. DS is only 5 months so not using it for every meal yet but so far I like and and plan to use as our main high chair. DS1 (2.5) has sat in it a few times and it still feels v safe. Good for space saving too - we can fit a normal chair underneath when not in use so the kitchen feels less cluttered AND it will be great for travelling. So yes, very pleased! How deep is your breakfast bar? There is a maximum depth for the claw bits to open to iirc

Whataboutwhathuh Fri 15-Apr-16 12:59:49

I have the mountain buggy pod, used it every day for two years pretty much. Love it and it folds flat into a travel bag. Can be tricky to clean but I just scrub the whole thing in the sink with really hot water and washing up liquid.

Whataboutwhathuh Fri 15-Apr-16 13:00:24

Mine has been attached to my kitchen Island and it's been perfect.

TheEmperorNotTheSalad Fri 15-Apr-16 13:56:59

We had the P&T lobster. Highly recommended.

1northernfairy Fri 15-Apr-16 18:59:40

Thanks for replies.
I have looked at all three of those, only put off by the other P+T one (?me too) as it seems to have a metal bar that looks like it would stop baby getting close up to breakfast bar iyswim?

Anyway, glad you all like them and find them sturdy enough to cope with the everyday battering from a baby/toddler!

Thanks

CallMeMousie Fri 15-Apr-16 19:18:08

Oh yes that's the one we have, the me too. I've not used any others so can't compare but the metal bar sits flush with the side of the table so doesn't really get in the way. Although I realise I've forgotten about a lot of the mess of weaning so maybe I'll change my mind once we start food next month!

PotteringAlong Fri 15-Apr-16 19:19:59

Yes. I've used the same mothercare one for 2 children with no "proper"'high chair. Been great!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now