Breastfeeding and periods

(8 Posts)
Dinnerfor1 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:45:10

I'm still breastfeeding dd2 who has just turned one, and my periods haven't returned yet. I was just wondering if anyone else's period stayed away this long? With dd1 they returned when she was about 9 months, when I returned to work full time. With dd2 I'm only working mornings, so she has a long feed early morning, then a couple of feeds in the afternoon, plus one while she falls asleep for her nap. She then feeds to sleep at bedtime. Is she still feeding too much for my periods to return?
Obviously I would rather they stayed away for as long as possible, I'm just wondering whether to check with the doctor if there is another reason?!

JiltedJohnsJulie Sun 10-Apr-16 20:02:19

Mine returned at 18 months with both of my DC. Nothing to worry about at all smile

cookiefiend Sun 10-Apr-16 20:40:58

Dd was about 16 months. Perfectly normal- and awesome! I has one (very light) period then got pregnant with DD2 so I have only had one period since the start of 2013.

duckyneedsaclean Sun 10-Apr-16 20:42:01

Yes, perfectly normal.

Dinnerfor1 Mon 11-Apr-16 13:34:34

Thanks everyone, it's reassuring to know other people had them stay away for so long!
I think I was just worrying because it's different to how it was with dd1.

TimeOfGlass Mon 11-Apr-16 13:46:06

My periods returned somewhere around 13 - 14 months with DS2 IIRC.

halloweensquish Mon 11-Apr-16 13:55:37

Same as cookiefiend for me smile lush not having them for so long!

Dinnerfor1 Mon 11-Apr-16 14:56:02

I definitely love not having them! As long as I know it's normal I'm happy for them to stay away for as long as possible!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now