Tommie tippee perfect prep

(12 Posts)
flowerpower10 Wed 06-Apr-16 22:38:08

Has anyone used it with other bottles I may formula feed if breastfeeding isn't possible( which is very likely) I quite like mam bottles so would like to know if they are compatible and if the prep machine is worth the money

Anotherdayanotherdollar Wed 06-Apr-16 22:44:30

I haven't used this before but my sil does and loves it. Also uses it with mam bottles

CoodleMoodle Wed 06-Apr-16 22:44:47

Yep, it's compatible with most (all?) other bottles. We had TT bottles but you can just move the platform up/down and others should fit.

IMO it was definitely worth the money. We exclusively FF after BF didn't work out, and it was the best thing we bought. DD had reflux/CMPA and was constantly drinking and bringing it back up, so we had to do little and often style feeding. It was brilliant in the night as well. Two minutes and it's ready. And yes, you can use a kettle/flask or heat up in the microwave. But I found the PP so so so much easier.

Shop around and get a deal if you can! We got ours for £25 as we had some Boots vouchers. In retrospect I would've paid full price, though.

Luciferbox Wed 06-Apr-16 22:45:13

I use it with Dr Brown bottles and they're very tall. They fit just fine.

BumWad Wed 06-Apr-16 23:48:14

I use the perfect prep with Mam bottles all fine

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 07-Apr-16 21:48:18

I use the perfect prep with loads we had small non branded bottles when DS was a newborm, then tommee tippe bottles through till one, and now I use general bicers of all different varieties for his good night milk to go to bed. He's nearly two!

It's the best purchase we made.

lilmisslibrarian Thu 07-Apr-16 21:51:20

It is genuinely the best thing we bought last year when I came home with DS. I wasn't sure if I could breastfeed (it turned out I couldn't) and this was a lifesaver in the middle of the night when he was crying and I was so tired. Made a perfect bottle in 5 minutes flat.
I could go on and on!

5madthings Thu 07-Apr-16 21:53:36

I have just had Dc6 and whilst in hospital I noticed they had a poster up saying they do not recommend this machine, it was an nhs poster just saying they aren't sure it works effectively.

But it seems similar to method lots of parents use mixing powder with small amount if hot water then topping up with pre measured water...

Lots of people rave about them and I can see for night feeds they must be useful.

sepa Thu 07-Apr-16 23:23:18

I pre-measure the water in bottles then heat up in a portable heater then mix the pre measured powder. If I start heating up then bum change the feed is ready when I'm back in the room!
I still consider getting one and friends use other bottles with their machine.
It's probably a bit like the steriliser - made for TT bottles but will still take other bottles just not as well

GingerCuddleMonsterThe2nd Thu 07-Apr-16 23:35:56

The nhs will actively discourage anything that may make bottle feeding seem easy or fuss free. They have to really as part of their breast feeding campaigns, I can see why they would produce the poster.

Jemappelle Fri 08-Apr-16 07:06:34

Some info here - the perfect prep is discussed at the end

http://www.firststepsnutrition.org/pdfs/Statementonn_makingupp_formula%20safelyMarr_2015_final.pdf

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 08-Apr-16 07:14:18

Love mine! They're in asda's baby event at the moment for 60.00. Was brilliant when doing 1oz bottles for baby gaviscon, plus can use for a quick blast of boiled water to sterilise spoons or medicine syringe etc. My only complaint is that it would be helpful if the reservoir could be removed and filled at the tap rather than having to be filled with a jug. And ds has got used to having perfect temperature milk and if I ever try to give him anything slightly cooler if we're out he looks at me like I've just fed him poison. It has turned him into a milk snob.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now