More milk!

(4 Posts)
CornishDoll82 Fri 01-Apr-16 09:40:24

My 9 month old little girl was breastfed until a few months ago and I am now doing combination feeding. As she's increased her solids she doesn't seem to want much milk, obviously I have no idea how much she was having when BF but she now has 4-5oz morning and night and then 2 short BF in the day - which she's not particularly keen on and even sometimes throws up. This seems unlikely to be anywhere near the 20oz recommended until 1

Any advice on whether I should be reducing her solids or somehow increasing her milk (how?). She is fairly little - always been 25th centile.

JiltedJohnsJulie Sat 02-Apr-16 13:29:46

Before she had formula, she would have had 25floz each day as this is the amount a bf baby takes in 24 hours. As she has always been on the same centile, there doesn't seem to be a problem. However, if you want to increase the milk she is getting, try offering her a milk feed roughly an hour before solids.

As fir the solids, could you add olive oil or mascarpone to her food? Things like salmon, oily fish, nut butters and avocado should help to build her up a bit too smile

tiktok Sat 02-Apr-16 17:16:21

JJJ - no need for her to 'build up' is there?smile A baby who's always been on 25th centile is fine.

OP, I agree with JJJ that offering more breastmilk between her meals will help ensure she gets the milk she needs.

CornishDoll82 Mon 04-Apr-16 20:44:26

I'm not worried about her weight - she has followed her curve almost exactly!

I'll try and offer more boob, but she's just not that interested. Much prefers actual food now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now