Getting 12wo to take a bottle

(3 Posts)
Queazy Wed 30-Mar-16 10:13:01

Any tips at all please? My husband is due to have him today to try him on the bottle, as he's been refusing for two weeks. I just want him to take it so I have back up for whatever reason. He's ebf so it's expressed milk. We've tried Dr Brown bottles and now trying NUK latex teat.

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated!

HairyBoob Wed 30-Mar-16 15:39:25

Watching with interest. We've tried everything. Six different bottle / teat types. Different flows. Feeding when quite hungry / when not too hungry. DH feeding. Me feeding. <exasperated sigh>

Queazy Wed 30-Mar-16 21:03:26

Hairy, he took it today! I'd celebrate but last time this happened, he refused for two weeks afterward!! Today we used NUK bottle with a latex teat, and my DH gave it to him. I'm supposed to be moving him onto a dairy free formula but he won't even accept breastmilk consistently yet. We'll get there! I'm going to try at least 5 times a week and going to express every day just so I have milk ready. Fingers crossed smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now