Best sling to buy and wear that I can breastfeed in easily?

(9 Posts)
crunchymummy Mon 28-Mar-16 22:12:02

Wondering if there is a sling that's particularly easy/comfortable to BF in

Junosmum Mon 28-Mar-16 22:30:02

Depends on the age of the child - feeding a new born in any sling is virtually impossible. Feeding an 8 month old in any sling is ok!

BertieBotts Mon 28-Mar-16 22:45:36

I think ring slings are the easiest - even for newborns! - but only if you can get someone to show you in person and in detail how to do it. I never got the hang with watching youtube videos and looking at diagrams. I did manage to at least get the weighted doll in the right position when shown in person.

badg3r Wed 30-Mar-16 22:10:44

I have a beco soleil and cracked feeding in the sling at about one month. It was a total game changer wink at 15 months DS still happily feeds in the sling. A word of warning though, we are so good at doing it discretely now that the occasional stranger has been know to peek in the sling for a look at the baby and be confronted with my nipple as DS spots it out to say hi to them...

CaptainWarbeck Thu 31-Mar-16 10:26:20

We have a connecta and feed pretty easily in it. It's handy to be able to feed with DS still in the sling when he's grumpy and tired and just wants to suck and doze off but still be wrapped up on you.

crunchymummy Wed 06-Apr-16 17:56:57

badg3r

Like this one? www.babyandco.com/highchairs-and-equipment/baby-carriers-and-reins/baby-carriers/beco-soleil-v2-baby-carrier-twilight?gclid=CPizyKK9-ssCFQcUGwodjhUECg

What can you wear under the carrier to make boob to mouth navigation under the sling easier? (if that makes sense)

BuggerLumpsAnnoyed Fri 08-Apr-16 19:30:08

I have a woven wrap (ellaroo) and its aces. In my opinion, they're the easiet to feed in as you can adjust them to just the right height and have them in loads of different positions.

I found the 2 tops method the best (one up one down) we were walking and a beauty spot with friends and they couldn't even tell I was feeding DS. It was brilliant not having to stop and feed all day.

littleducks Fri 08-Apr-16 19:37:27

I had a wrap sling like this (borrowed from sling library then bought a cheapie version)
www.google.co.uk/search?q=wrap+sling&rlz=1Y3GQQX_enGB580GB580&prmd=svin&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi26LHh1v_LAhWBHQ8KHf3bCtYQ1TUIKQ&biw=360&bih=559

And earnt how to bf in it with help from you tube videos like this

youtu.be/NZYC3x81LbE

BayLeaves Fri 08-Apr-16 19:39:20

I'd get a stretchy wrap for newborn (cheap ones on amazon less than £30 are fine) and then a Connecta if you want to keep carrying past 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now