advice

(9 Posts)
flowerpower10 Mon 28-Mar-16 17:07:45

Electric breast pumps worth the investment ?

How do they feel to use?

Which one do you use?

Any advice welcome

HairyBoob Mon 28-Mar-16 19:53:00

Medela Swing. Amazing. Easy to use and clean. Extremely effective. Definitely worth the investment.

winchester1 Mon 28-Mar-16 19:59:24

I'd wait and see if you need it. Do you like breast feeding, can you hand express and see if the baby takes a bottle, do you have any time to express, do you want to leave the baby etc etc.
I brought one and never used it as baby was kept in nicu for jaundice so I used their neonatal pump and nothing really came out after a week of pumping. Biggest waste of money for me personally.

shellycooper Mon 28-Mar-16 20:01:08

I also recommend the medela swing- have used it most days since DD was 6 weeks- really efficient, not very noisy and really easy to use- would definitely say it was worth the money.

HeffalumpHistory Mon 28-Mar-16 20:43:43

Also recommend Medela Swing.
I really struggled expressing although was feeding OK by myself. This was the only one I could get a decent amount using (& didn't take hours)

Dixiechick17 Mon 28-Mar-16 20:51:29

I had the medela mini electic pump and it was great. You can always hire one initially for a month and then decide if you want to buy.

Junosmum Mon 28-Mar-16 22:41:52

I have an ardo calypso. It's fantastic. I've been told it's quieter than the medela swing.

I didn't buy it - I'm a milk donor so it was provided for me by the hospital, it's hospital grade and a closed system, unlike the medela swing.

AugustinaDuBois Wed 30-Mar-16 23:30:19

I hired the medela symphony (hospital grade) because I got to a point where I was exclusively expressing and this was the one I found worked best (and fastest)

familysizepack Mon 04-Apr-16 08:11:11

I only bought one because I knew I'd be expressing at work for several months because DH is a SAHD for us. I think I'd have stuck with a manual for only occasional expressing.

I've also used the Medela Swing, it's fine and is still going well (touch wood!) on baby 3.

Expressing is such a faff I'd avoid where possible grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now