Nighttime wind issues!

(6 Posts)
Stuckerooni Thu 25-Feb-16 04:51:06

During the day DS happily burps straight after a feed then settled into his crib with no complaints.

I don't understand what happens at night though- I can't get him to bring any wind up after a night feed meaning that when I put him down he starts screaming in pain after 5-10mins. There's no consoling him and still no burping, and it's taking 1.5-2 hours after every feed to settle him. I can't cope with the lack of sleep!

He's Ebf and having infacol before every feed, but is there anything else I can do? Have tried tummy rubs, cycling legs etc to see if he can get the wind out via farts instead but also no luck.

Really struggling with lack of sleep and keeping calm at night!

shiteforbrains Thu 25-Feb-16 04:59:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

icklekid Thu 25-Feb-16 05:12:07

How old? Gripe water made a huge difference to ds wind at night but can't remember when you can give it from

DrE678 Thu 25-Feb-16 05:13:16

Gripe water can be used after 4 weeks and it worked well for my two.

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 25-Feb-16 09:13:51

Colief is great stuff (better than infacol and gripe water in my experience).

tiktok Thu 25-Feb-16 09:38:31

Are you sure it is wind? Many babies cry at night and don't like settling alone, waking up after a short time and being distressed when they realise they are on their own. If your baby is ok when picked up and snuggled in with you, perhaps feeding again, then it is prob not wind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now