Sleep bras?

(11 Posts)
BatMobile Mon 01-Feb-16 22:17:07

I'm quite new to the whole BF thing, having failed to feed DS1 but now successfully feeding 3 week old DS2 (yay!)

Started off wearing a sleep bra but last night tried sleeping in just a PJ top and found it more comfortable.

Do you wear a nursing sleep bra or go without? I'm wondering if I just haven't found the right bra or fit yet...hmm

KP86 Mon 01-Feb-16 22:17:47

Whatever is most comfortable for you, no bra needed if you aren't leaking milk everywhere.

GailTheFish Mon 01-Feb-16 22:22:25

I do - as I need to wear pads at night. The soft Mothercare ones are pretty good - they have a crossover front so no clips to get in the way or lie on.

BatMobile Mon 01-Feb-16 22:31:47

KP No, thankfully I'm not leaking now as my supply has adjusted to DS' demand so that's not an issue.

I've heard good things about the cross over ones; I have the Mothercare crop style ones with clip fastening at the moment.

KP86 Tue 02-Feb-16 07:19:08

As far as I know there's no benefit to a sleep bra (anymore than when not breastfeeding), it's more a convenience/comfort factor for dealing with leaking or huge and uncomfortable breasts.

mumchkin Tue 02-Feb-16 12:38:53

I was wearing one but found it really hurt and was reducing my supply (I pump), so be careful.

BatMobile Tue 02-Feb-16 19:06:37

mumchkin Thanks - that's interesting. I was concerned that if it was ill-fitting it would affect my supply.

MummySparkle Tue 02-Feb-16 19:08:40

I wore those really stretchy bras to hold pads in. I had to wear pads and sleep on a towel and I still woke up soggy! I was so glad when my supply regulated and I no longer leaked at night. My DP said that if I was feeding DD and asleep in the mornings my other breast would produce a fountain of milk shock

MrsUnderwood Tue 02-Feb-16 19:28:50

I've got the Mothercare crossover ones as I leak, I prefer them to the ones with clips and find them pretty comfy.

pickleandflux Wed 03-Feb-16 17:14:19

I'm using a really soft one from Bravado. Very comfy!

Junosmum Wed 03-Feb-16 20:07:03

I find without comfier but get covered in milk as I can't wear pads. So I use the mothercare ones - they are more like crop tops, no fastening or straps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now