can I make weak juice with puréed fruit

(6 Posts)
Murphyslaw21 Tue 26-Jan-16 11:45:26

Hi 8 month old won't touch water. Refuses been offering for two months and won't drink a drop.

Is it possible to mix a teaspoon of fruit purée into water in her sippe cup.

Any other suggestions ??

mrsnec Tue 26-Jan-16 12:01:28

I used the heinz baby juices diluted at that age. The no added sugar ones. I also gave dd milupa baby tea. I have absolutely no shame in doing either as I struggle, and still do, to get her to drink plain water.

I also used the Hipp organic juices in the glass bottles. Not sure if you can get them in the UK or not, anyway I diluted them a lot so maybe 1 part juice to 4 parts water.

It's probably wrong and the know a bit about nutrition but I want her to grow up on more than milk and water and I don't want her thinking fruit is bad. It's never the last drink of the day though and I'm very conscious of the issue of fruit acid and teeth.

Weebeastiebaby Wed 27-Jan-16 07:42:33

Does she drink formula milk? Someone suggested to me to make up milk in sippy cup and gradually reduce oz of powder until it's only 1 scoop in 4oz of water. Still tastes like their milk but it's mostly water. Not sure if this works though because my ds did eventually drink warm water from a cup. Think it might just be cold drinks he disliked.

YouMakeMyDreams Wed 27-Jan-16 07:47:32

I used to use weak fruit tea for ds1 who at nearly 10 will still only drink water if he is really desperate. He was at school where they told him how important water is before he would even consider drinking plain water.

SparklyTinselTits Wed 27-Jan-16 08:34:51

I squeeze an orange, then add a little bit of the fresh juice to a sippy cup of water and DD drinks it smile probably 1 ounce of juice to 5 ounces of water

Scotinoz Wed 27-Jan-16 11:22:59

Don't know about mixing purée with water, but watermelon is really wet practically juice.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now