fenugreek, is it worth taking if you can't afford 12 tablets a day?

(8 Posts)
trian Fri 15-Jan-16 20:34:41

just that really! Any advice gratefully received.

UnfortunateUsername Fri 15-Jan-16 20:37:50

I took a few a day and found they did have a big impact on milk production. That and raspberry leaf tea. Is twelve a day the recommended amount?

trian Fri 15-Jan-16 23:25:15

no it's less than 12 but lots of ppl take 12. might try the tea, ta

bedheadrestless Fri 15-Jan-16 23:51:33

Don't waste your money. Get a pack from your local Indian/Pakistani shop for cheap and make your own tea or put it in your cooking.

Tatie3 Sat 16-Jan-16 15:31:04

I found that taking 4-6 per day was enough to significantly increase my supply and it only took a couple of days to notice the difference. You could try eating more oats and drinking raspberry leaf tea too.

Junosmum Sun 17-Jan-16 01:10:45

Bigger tescos and sainsburys stock fenugreek leaves cheaply, buy that and make your own tea!

CaptainWarbeck Sun 17-Jan-16 11:00:50

Best way to increase your supply is put baby on the boob as much as possible if possible. Tired = boob, grumpy = boob, peckish = boob, you get the picture. The more often the better the boost you'll get to your supply.

trian Sun 17-Jan-16 20:43:02

thanks for this everyone, I struggle with it as she also has a bad latch due to too many bottles and not enough help. So much other stuff going on in my life that I can't give bfing the attention it needs :-( was looking to fenugreek etc for a quick fix. Just ordered some gentian violet to try and deal with the thrush that's been going on for weeks thanks to shit doctors/HV

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now