5month old help needed introducing formula

(5 Posts)
teddybearsbear Tue 12-Jan-16 21:53:03

Can anyone please help me with introducing formula to my 5 month old? I am ebf at the moment but want to introduce a formula feed at around midday so I can go back to work part time. I currently feed on demand and he tends to feed 4 times during the day and twice in the night

I have tried various bottles and types of formula and he is refusing everything

My dm and dh have also tried to no avail

He will take a very small amount of water from a sippy cup

I really don't want to leave him without milk but am running out of ideas!

TIA

lorisparkle Tue 12-Jan-16 23:22:29

Have you tried a sippy cup for the milk as well. Although I did not try to introduce formula at 5mnths when I introduced cows milk at 12mnthst to DS1 who had only ever had breast milk it was a nightmare but after a long period of perseverance he eventually would drink it. We used a tommee tipee cup and a doidy cup.

Just a thought as he is fed on demand might he not just make up the milk when he sees you. DS1 stopped feeding in the day at 4mnths as he was so distractible but made up for it in the morning / evening / night time! It is also getting to the time when you will be weaning him and with DS2 and 3 who had had milk products before 12mnths they were happier to drink cows milk at 12mnths.

FastWindow Tue 12-Jan-16 23:23:59

Mix it. In ever decreasing breast milk to formula ermm... formula.

teddybearsbear Wed 13-Jan-16 20:47:05

Thanks for your replies

I have tried a sippy cup but haven't tried expressing yet that's the next thing!

mrsmortis Thu 14-Jan-16 09:06:04

When DM/DH tried were you in the house?

My DD2 would not take a bottle at all if I was in the room and when she was a bit bigger if I was in the house!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now