Help to stop breast feeding when won't take a bottle

(4 Posts)
toastedbeagle Sun 10-Jan-16 19:29:55

My DS is 13m and been breastfed, tried and failed to get him on to formula / bottles but now he's struggling to settle in nursery (ie had 8 w of trial days, been phoned to come and collect within 1-3 hours as screaming inconsolably) and they think him not having a bottle isn't helping.

He has a 7am and 7pm feed and would only have 1 more day feed max (1pm before nap although today had none).

I want to go back to work but can't make plans as can't rely on him being in nursery 10 hours, which he'd need to be. My DD whose 3 settled in the same place fine, but would take a bottle from 8w although was breastfed for a year.

Any bright ideas?

Bryna Sun 10-Jan-16 19:36:02

Try offering him milk in a cup with/without straw, this helped me with all of mine, all were over a year old and none took a bottle! (Although they second one wouldn't take any milk, and never has, doesn't like any milk based products-even ice cream!!!)

Bryna Sun 10-Jan-16 19:37:08

Has he got a favourite cuddly/blanket or comfort object he can take?

Nottalotta Thu 14-Jan-16 22:13:06

Ds is nearly 6 months and won't take a bottle. I have been trying with a sippee cup instead and he got the hang of it today. Can he have milk in a siplee cup or beaker?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now