Help! 8 week old wont feed :(

(4 Posts)
lilwelshyrs Tue 05-Jan-16 18:09:50

DS is 8 weeks. Happy, healthy, feeding and sleeping well. We just had a growth spurt week of fussiness and constant feeding.

Today has been hell. He fed well at 4:30am and then finally fed well again at 12:30. He was on and off my breast for a good hour then. Before that he would root and then whenever i offered him breast he would just scream until i took it away. I was hoping after his big feed earlier that we were back on track. He's had infacol and dentinox too. I've been trying again and he wont have it. If i lie him down in his moses basket he usually just cheers up but I just tried it and he screamed.

What do i do? Who do i call? Im crying now too! sad

lilwelshyrs Tue 05-Jan-16 18:10:19

Oh and his weight has dropped from 50th to 25th percentile too.

ICantDecideOnAUsername Tue 05-Jan-16 20:47:40

Can't link at the mo but try googling breastfeeding strike (or something like that). I thought ds was on one recently. Seems to have resolved itself.

lilwelshyrs Tue 05-Jan-16 22:13:26

Thank you for replying. Im exhausted but i googled nursing strike and have followed a few of the tips like expressing and skin to skin and he's fed quite well these last few hours. I can only feed him lying down next to me in bed though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now