nipple erosion? please help

(9 Posts)
jessMza Mon 28-Dec-15 08:01:09

So Its been a while since ive breastfed and my nipples dont seem to have recovered. There is no pain but the texture has completely changed. What was once smooth is now scaly looking with alot of bumps, could it be a more serious underlying problem? Both nipples have the same problem. I'm wondering if anyone recognises the appearance and if it ever heals/returns to normal. Im really worried

ArcticCactus Mon 28-Dec-15 16:25:46

Mine look like this too...no idea if it's normal :/

onesteptotheleftofme Mon 28-Dec-15 16:47:10

Mine look like this too.

Topsy34 Mon 28-Dec-15 17:38:45

I think its normal, if you have any untoard symptoms defo get checked but i think ots just the constant sucking that changes them

youlemming Mon 28-Dec-15 22:10:27

I bf'd DD1 until 8m old that was 5 yes ago and they look the same as in your picture, I'm now feeding DD2 and have had no issues in the gap or now I'm feeding again.
Like with a lot of things that change with pregnancy/birth I'm afraid.

Bugaboom Tue 29-Dec-15 11:05:32

Mine look like this but I've assumed it's scarring from significant nipple cracks I had with both of mine

Junosmum Tue 29-Dec-15 22:10:36

Mine look like that and I've not had baby yet so not breastfeeding. My nipples have never been smooth.

jessMza Wed 30-Dec-15 08:09:05

Thanks guys. The only reason I was so worried was because they look drastically different. When they arent erect they look a little pulled in and inverted but I don't think it could be cancer there is no lumps and its unlikely for my age (23)

Bugaboom Wed 30-Dec-15 08:31:40

If inversion is new for you, you should have this checked out. This is a change that needs to be looked at by a doctor. However don't panic as you're very young and it's unlikely to be anything serious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now